Now from the very outset I had decided that this Prussian force was going to be ocean based with no land forces, so the fliers all needed to reflect this.
As with all the units the level of detail on the tiny flier bases is fantastic however the look of the planes stuck to the bases really doesn't do anything for me. The solution I decided was to 'free them' as I've heard it called around the internet. I wasn't sure this would work due to the size etc, but was surprised at how easily they could be cut off with an X-acto saw. Once separated I decided to have a little experiment and make a recon plane which will eventually be used alongside the Blucher Dreadnought.
Below is the result of this experiment. I based it it using the same greenstuffing techniques I use on the ships, this way it ties all the models in together nicely. As for the plane itself it has a few little bits of shaped plastic rod glued to the underside to give it the appearance of one of the WW2 naval recon planes. This was then simply drilled and pined onto the base.
Will post some more pics when I get round to it.